Mcphee Lawyers

Tag Archives: Parenting Orders

Help! I want to change my child’s last name: Navigating the name change process in Queensland

by Changing a child’s last name is easy right?  Maybe, maybe not. While informally changing your child’s last name is as simple as writing that name on a piece of paper and/or declaring that the child will now be known as “Child LastNameX”, the process to legally change your child’s last name can be a little more complicated. In Queensland, if
Tags: , , , , ,
Read More

What is a Family Report?

by A Family Report is a report written by an independent expert to assist the Court in determining what parenting arrangements would best meet the interests of the child or children who are the subject of a parenting dispute. Report writers are usually experienced social workers or psychologists who are either in private practice or employed directly by the Court. When
Tags: , , , , , ,
Read More